• 500GB solid state drive (SSD) that offers a considerable amount of storage
• USB 3.1 (SuperSpeed+) connections can transfer up to two times faster than USB 3.0
• With backwards compatibility with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 (via supplied cable)
• Up to 450MB/s read and write transfer speeds provides you with incredibly fast data transfers
• Small, compact and light this SSD is only 6.8mm thick and weighs just 51g – perfect for portable use
• Manufacturer part number: MU-PT500B/EU
• The ‘Samsung Portable SSD’ app lets you manage password settings and view available remaining space on the SSD whilst on the move
• Shock-resistant design and internal support frame ensures that the SSD can survive drops that other storage solutions can’t
• Supplied with USB type-C to type-A cable to allow you to connect to a range of devices
Why would I use a SSD as a portable drive?
If you’re always on the move from one job to the next, media and data needs to be transferred as fast as possible and this Samsung T3 portable SSD is perfect for that. It weighs only 51g and is about the same size as a business card. With 500GB capability, you’ll have everything you need in the palm of your hand. This SSD is able to transfer files at incredible speeds of up to 450MB/s*, up to four times faster than traditional 500GB external hard drive disks.
*This performance is dependent on a USB 3.1 connection being used and USAP enabled, results may also vary by data type
Is my data safe on a portable SSD?
Not only can you transfer you data faster with this portable drive, but what you store will be safer too. Built into the SSD is AES 256-bit hardware encryption technology, which will keep your files protected while having very little impact on performance. Through the application located on the SSD, or through the ‘Samsung Portable SSD’ Android app, you can easily manage your password. The app also allows you to change your password and check remaining storage space while on the move.
This SSD’s exterior is metal to help handle the daily wear and tear. On the inside, an internal support frame and shock-resistant design has been implemented to give you an SSD that will be able to survive drops that other storage solutions can’t, helping to protect your data from those accidental drops.
What can I connect this SSD to?
Fitted with a USB 3.1 type-C connection port, this SSD is futureproofed for the next generation of devices that will also be fitted with USB 3.1 type-C connections. Supplied with it is a USB type-C to type-A cable, which allows for direct connection to devices that have a USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port, such as laptops or computers. Through the use of an appropriate adapter, this SSD can also be connected to Android devices and more.