• 10,000 lux light to help combat seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
• Foldable tripod stand and screw holes for wall mounting
• Two fluorescent bulbs offer you 10,000 hours of light
• SAD light measuring 34cm x 48cm x 8cm (HxWxD)
• Replacement bulbs available (order code N37HX)
What is Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)?
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) or ‘winter depression’ is linked to reduced exposure to sunlight, which may affect your production of melatonin, serotonin and disrupt your body’s functions and patterns. Melatonin is a hormone that makes you feel sleepy, and serotonin is a hormone that affects your mood, appetite and sleep. Lower serotonin levels are linked to feelings of depression. Your body also uses sunlight to time various important functions, such as waking up, so the lower light levels during winter may disrupt your body clock and lead to symptoms of SAD and general fatigue.